Knowledge & Employability
| Print |
Last Updated: Thursday, 13 December 2012
Knowledge and Employability courses provide opportunities for students in Grades 9 to 12 who meet the criteria. to experience success and become well prepared for employment, further studies, citizenship, and life-long learning.
NOTE: These courses are only offered through the student's school using a Team Teaching agreement between the school and ADLC.
A student may achieve
- a Certificate of High School Achievement after completing 80 credits in an appropriate combination of Knowledge and Employability and other courses and/or
- an Alberta High School Diploma when provincial requirements have been met
Generally, a student who completes the Grade 9 K&E program will continue in the high school K&E program. Exceptions must be arrangedthrough the student’s own school.
Highlights of Knowledge and Employability courses
K&E Courses Offered
- each course is worth 5 credits
- courses are divided into several themes.
- each theme includes a thematic evaluation upon completion.
- each lesson is designed for three hours of instruction
- lessons have an audio component to assist students
- lessons and assignments are interactive and are completed online
- each lesson includes activities with corresponding assignments.
- each lesson presents a glossary at its beginning
Senior High Courses
Junior High Courses
- English Language Arts 10-4
- English Language Arts 20-4
- English Language Arts 30-4
- Math 10-4
- Math 20-4
- Social Studies 10-4
- Social Studies 20-4
- Science 10-4
- Science 20-4
- Language Arts 9-4
- Social Studies 9-4
- Math 9-4
- Science 9-4
|For more information on Knowledge and Employability contact the zone teaching services person for your area. Call 1-866-774-5333 to access our main switch board to help you with this.