ADLC offers Academy of Math® from AutoSkill International Inc.
Academy of Math® is a comprehensive solution to building Grades 1 - 9 foundational math skills.
ADLC offers Academy of Math® help for developing mathematical proficiency:
- Assistance for students who struggle with math
- Increased confidence with basic math skills
- A bridge for students studying complex high school math concepts
- Ideal for students with low reading skills
- Aligned with NCTM standards and linked to Alberta Curriculum (WNCP)
- Knowledge of math language (terms), fluency in computation (operations), and application of skills (word problems)
- Supplement to existing math curricula
- Reinforced key concepts
- Bridging of any gaps between elementary and junior high
- Age-appropriate motivational options
Who is it for?
- all junior and senior high students
- students with low reading skills
- special needs students struggling with complex algebraic and other high school mathematical concepts
How does it work?
- Pre- and post-tests track gains in skills and knowledge.
- Pre-test ensures training is relevant to student needs.
- Program is individualized for students to train at their own pace.
- Reading option provides read-aloud support.
- Students are accelerated when proficiency is demonstrated.
- Teacher time is available for students who need assistance.
- Academy of Math® customizes interface, appealing scenes, and visuals. (buddy characters)
- Academy of Math® provides immediate access for results; review of progress reports is available.
- Certificates based on skills completed are available.
- Positive reinforcement keeps students engaged.
- Students move efficiently through the program viewing tutorials, practice, and training.
- Congratulates students for their success.
- Academy of Math® measures consistency and accuracy of student responses to ensure their mastery of core skills.
Let's work together!
- Student and parent/facilitator schedule 20-45 minutes, 3 to 5 times per week.
- Parent coach or facilitator should be available to assist student when necessary
- Student or coach maintains contact with ADLC Academy of Math® staff for assistance and to discuss student progress.
- Facilitator or coach provides students with support materials, notebooks, supplemental materials, and print achievement certificates.
- ADLC staff are available to monitor student growth, provide coaching assistance, adjust software levels, and print detailed reports upon request.
What will you see over time?
- Autoskill International Inc. reports students achieve an average of more than 2.0 grade level gains in less than 10 hours of direct training on the Academy of Math®.
- ADLC students report:
- increased confidence, ability to focus, increased reading skills
- improved self-esteem
Academy of Math is really great!!! It's great because it is fun to use and it teaches me many skills and how to think faster. At first, rounding numbers was hard for me, but when I used Academy of Math I figured it out.
I think I am really awesome with adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing, and Academy of Math challenges me to be better.
Grade 6 Student
- IBM or Mac-compatible PC
- High-speed Internet connection
- Internet Explorer or similiar web browser
- Latest version of Flash Player (minimum Flash Player 9)
- High-quality head phones
- Access to printer for award certificate printing
For further information or to order Academy of Math®, phone ADLC toll-free at 1-866-774-5333.
Registration form for Academy of Math®.