This year, ADLC has set June 2 as the completion date for all diploma courses and June 15 for all non-diploma courses, unless otherwise stated by the ADLC teacher. Please make appropriate plans for your students. These completion dates were chosen as they align with the school year calendars of most of our partners.
All Student Instruction (SI) courses will expire on June 26, 2020.
Requesting Extensions into the Summer
Last year marked a shift in the ADLC calendar. Summer extensions were offered and here are the results.
Beginning May 1, we will once again be accepting requests for summer extensions through our Student Information System (SIS), provided the following conditions have been met:
- Partner/Affiliate schools must have summer support available for the students for whom they wish to extend courses. This support must include both a physical location and in-person support (teacher or facilitator).
- ADLC must have sufficient enrollment requests from all partner/affiliate schools to justify providing an ADLC teacher to teach a course. This means that an extension request from a partner/affiliate school does not guarantee that the course will be made available.
Request deadline is May 15. Granted extensions will have until July 31 to complete their course.
Please note the following important dates:
- March 31 – Last day to register for 3-, 4- and 5-credit and elementary/junior high ADLC Student Instruction (SI) courses
- April 1-May 15 – Students may register in a maximum of two 1-credit courses
- May 1 – First day to request course extension into summer
- May 15 – Last day to request course extension into summer
- May 15 – Last day to register in 1-credit ADLC SI courses
- June 1 – Affiliate schools notified of ADLC’s ability to extend requested courses
- June 2 – Diploma course completion date (unless otherwise stated by the ADLC teacher)
- June 15 – Last day for non-diploma course completions (except for granted extensions. Students can ask their ADLC teacher for specific assignment submission deadlines)
- June 26 – Last day of school. All SI courses, except for granted extensions, will be finalized and withdrawn.
- July 31 – Course completion date for granted extensions
- August 14 – ADLC SIS will be removing all student registrations and course sections in preparation for new registrations to be open on August 17.
Thank you again for utilizing ADLC to support your students and their programs. We look forward to continuing to provide the best possible learning opportunities for your students.