In October 2019, we sent a three-question feedback request to 1,778 distance education facilitators and administrators listed in our Student Information System (SIS). We thank those that responded, and we look forward to gathering feedback in the future. Below is a summary of the responses.
What we learned through the results and comments:
- About 70% of respondents are in favor of changing the automatic withdrawal policies for high school courses from 60 to 40 days
– motivates students to start, increases student accountability, works better with school calendars
- We also heard logistical concerns.
– time to start course, submission process etc.
With consideration of these results:
- We have added a feature to SIS that allows DE facilitators the ability to opt in to receiving a copy of the automatic registration confirmation emails that are sent to students. (In the student profile in SIS, select Edit Information and select Yes on the CC DE Contact on Enrollment Registrations menu.)
- We will be piloting the 60-day automatic withdrawal policies (non-starter and stall) to 40 days, for high school courses only, starting
February 1, 2020February 13, 2020 (UPDATE).
- We will be investigating strategies to address other concerns that were brought forward.
Please watch for future communications for when these changes take effect.
If you have any questions, please let us know at 1-866-774-5333 or email@example.com.