ADLC has set June 30 as the completion date for all of our courses for school-aged students. This change was communicated in September of 2018. This means that on June 30, we will withdraw all students from ADLC courses. We are sending out this reminder so that you can make appropriate plans for your students.
We recognize that this is a change from previous practice. June 30 has been set as the course completion date because it aligns with the school year calendars of most of our partners. We have observed that students’ overall productivity during the summer months tends to be low, especially in core programs. We also have anecdotal evidence that the June 30 course end date will support greater course completions.
ADLC has been asked about summer extensions and summer school. To access ADLC services for summer extensions and summer school, the following conditions must be met:
- Partner/Affiliate schools must have summer support available for the students for whom they wish to extend courses. This support must include both a physical location and in-person support (teacher or facilitator).
- ADLC must have sufficient enrollment requests from all partner/affiliate Schools to justify providing an ADLC teacher to teach a course. This means that an extension request from a partner/affiliate school does not guarantee that the course will be made available.
Please note the following important dates:
- April 30 – Last day to register for ADLC Student Instruction (SI) courses
- May 1 – First day to request course extension into summer
- May 15 – Last day to request course extension into summer
- June 1 – Affiliate schools notified of ADLC’s ability to extend requested courses
- June 30 – Last day for course completions before students are withdrawn (except for granted extensions. Students can ask their teacher for specific assignment submission deadlines)
- August 15 – All ADLC SI courses that were granted extensions will be closed and finalized
Thank you again for utilizing ADLC to support your students and their programs. We look forward to continuing to provide the best possible learning opportunities for your students.