Tuition and Fees for School-Aged Residents of Alberta

Grades 10 – 12

  • Tuition – None.
  • Lesson Materials Fees – Varies by course. Visit the Course Catalogue for individual listings.

Students who are not residents of Alberta or are 20 years old as of September 1 of the current school year are NOT eligible for provincial funding. Other funding may be available.

Tuition and Fees for Out of Province, Federally Funded, and Adult Students

Grades 10 – 12

  • Tuition – $110 per credit
  • Lesson Material Fees – Varies by course. Visit the Course Catalogue for individual listings.

Students who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents are generally not eligible for funding through the Alberta Government. Exchange students and international students are encouraged to contact us before registering in courses.

Financial Assistance for Adult Students Who Live in Alberta

There are numerous sources of student funding, awards, bursaries, and scholarships for adult students. Don’t let the cost of education discourage or prevent you from getting the education you need, want, and deserve.

Skills Investment Bursary (SIB)

Adults (18 years and older) upgrading by distance education may be eligible for the Alberta Works Skills Investment Bursary (SIB). SIB is administered by the Alberta Students Finance Board and Alberta Human Services. A key goal of this program is to increase opportunities for Albertans to gain the knowledge and skills needed to obtain sustainable employment, increase their incomes, and reduce the need for government support. Eligible students may receive up to $5,000 per year. Eligibility requirements can be found on the Alberta Human Services website.

Apply by completing these simple steps:

*Edmonton residents, please follow instructions under the next heading.

  1. Review SIB Application Instructions then sections 1 through 7 of the Skills Investment Bursary Form.* (Having issues opening the form? Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader. Then, right-click the link you’d like to download, choose “Save Link As…”, save to your desktop, and open the file.)
  2. Complete your ADLC registration online.**
  3. Once we’ve confirmed your registration, ADLC will complete the Training Provider Form as a part of your SIB application. You can either pick up the completed form in person or request that we email it to you.
  4. Once we’ve returned the completed form and proof of registration to you, you’ll need to make an appointment with an Alberta Human Services counsellor who is authorized to approve Skills Investment Bursaries. You’ll submit the forms, in person, to the Alberta Human Services counsellor. Find the office location closest to you on the listing here.
  5. Await a decision. Alberta Human Services will review your application and notify you of its decision. This review may take up to 12 weeks.

Live in or near Edmonton? Follow Steps 1 and 2 above, then:

  1. Make an appointment with BGS Enterprises Inc. by calling 780-425-6655.
  2. Bring your completed forms to our ADLC Edmonton Campus (we’re nearby!) one hour prior to your appointment with BGS. We will complete our sections on the forms and return them to you.
  3. Head to your appointment at BGS, taking all completed forms with you to be reviewed and assessed.

To learn more about funding and tuition for Continuing Education and Adult Upgrading, contact us.

* If you have any questions about how to complete the forms in Step 1, please contact Alberta Works.

* If you have any questions about how to complete Step 2, please contact ADLC registrations at 1-866-774-5333, ext. 5360 or by email at

** Please feel free to contact one of our counsellors at 1-866-774-5333, ext. 6120 or by email at if you need assistance with course selection.

4 Campuses... and your living room.