Adult students upgrading by distance education may be eligible for the Alberta Works Skills Investment Bursary (SIB). SIB is administered by the Alberta Students Finance Board and Alberta Human Services. A key goal of this program is to increase opportunities for Albertans to gain the knowledge and skills needed to obtain sustainable employment, increase their incomes, and reduce the need for government support.
Apply by completing these simple steps:
- Review SIB Application Instructions.
- Fill out sections 1 through 6 of the Skills Investment Bursary Form.* (Having issues opening the form? Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader. Then, right-click the link you’d like to download, choose “Save Link As…”, save to your desktop, and open the file.)
- Register with ADLC online.**
- Email your SIB Form to firstname.lastname@example.org (and quote the order number from your registration confirmation).
Once we’ve confirmed your registration and receive your SIB form, ADLC will complete the Training Provider Form. You can either pick up the completed form in person or request that we email it to you.
- Once we’ve returned the Training Provider Form to you, you can submit your application to the Learner Income Support Office. This can be done by either:
- applying online
Note: If you apply online, you will be required to sign the final page of your SIB application and submit it, along with your Training Provider form.
- mailing the application and supporting documents to:
Learner Income Support Office
Box 17000, Station Main
Edmonton, AB T5J 4R4
- applying online
- Await a decision. Alberta Human Services will review your application and notify you of its decision. This review may take up to 12 weeks.
* If you have any questions about how to complete the forms in Step 2, please contact Alberta Human Services.
** If you have any questions about how to complete Step 3, please contact ADLC registrations at 1-866-774-5333, ext. 5360 or by email at email@example.com. Please feel free to contact one of our counsellors at 1-866-774-5333, ext. 6120 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance with course selection.